These candidates are on the 2019 ballot:
The following candidate did not submit the required signatures to appear on the ballot but can still collect write-in votes:
All of the above appeared at the March 20 Mayoral Candidate Forum at Denver’s Manual High School auditorium. Here are the questions that were posed:
- What might you say to developers who propose projects that could bring in significant short-term money, but might not align with the long-term vision and needs of the City? What will you do to ensure that Denver’s neighborhoods remain in-tact during this time of growth?
- What is your plan for addressing the City’s transportation challenges, including increasing access to affordable, convenient, and environmentally friendly alternative transportation throughout the City?
- What specific policies would you advocate for to prevent displacement of longtime residents and small businesses as demographics change and property values increase?
- Denver’s recycling rate is significantly below the national average: What can the City do to address better recycling, composting, and trash collection?
- What are your views about crime in Central Denver, and how do you propose to keep our neighborhoods safe?
- What is your commitment to ending veteran and chronic homelessness in our community? Do you believe that is possible?
Thanks to all who participated!